Motion Graphics: A Powerful Video Marketing Tool for Boosting Business Sales.
Cracking the SEO Code:
Leveraging Obscure Search Queries
by Annastacia | Mar 28, 2023 | Business Growth
For startups, gaining visibility in the digital space can be a daunting challenge, especially when competing against established brands with deep pockets for marketing and advertising. One of the most effective ways for startups to level the playing field is by mastering the art of search engine optimization (SEO). However, instead of focusing solely on popular search terms and high-competition keywords, startups can find a unique edge by targeting obscure search queries to drive organic traffic and increase their online presence. In this article, we’ll explore how startups can leverage obscure search queries for SEO success, while also uncovering lesser-known strategies that pack a punch.
The Value of Obscure Search Queries
Popular keywords tend to be highly competitive, making it difficult for startups to rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs). Targeting obscure search queries, also known as long-tail keywords, can be a strategic move for startups for several reasons:
- Lower competition: Long-tail keywords often have lower search volumes, which means less competition and a higher likelihood of ranking well in SERPs.
- Higher conversion rates: Long-tail keywords are usually more specific and cater to a particular audience. As a result, users searching for these terms are more likely to convert into customers, as they are closer to making a purchase decision.
- A better understanding of user intent: Obscure search queries can provide valuable insights into the specific needs and pain points of your target audience. This information can help you create more targeted content and offer solutions that directly address your audience’s concerns.
Unearthing Hidden Keyword Gems
To leverage the power of obscure search queries, startups must first identify relevant long-tail keywords for their niche. Here are some strategies for finding these valuable terms:
- Utilize autocomplete suggestions: When typing a search query into Google, pay attention to the autocomplete suggestions that appear. These can offer a treasure trove of long-tail keyword ideas.
- Dive into the “People also ask” section: Google’s “People also ask” feature displays related questions and topics that users frequently search for. These questions can be a goldmine for discovering obscure search queries.
- Tap into voice search: With the rise of voice assistants like Siri and Alexa, users are increasingly using conversational search queries. Keep an ear out for these phrases and incorporate them into your SEO strategy.
Creating Content Around Obscure Search Queries
Once you’ve identified relevant obscure search queries, it’s time to create valuable and engaging content that targets these keywords. Keep the following tips in mind when crafting your content:
- Leverage user-generated content (UGC): Encourage your audience to contribute content that addresses their unique needs and pain points. This can provide fresh perspectives and help target long-tail keywords.
- Employ structured data: Adding structured data, such as schema markup, to your content helps search engines better understand its context, increasing the likelihood of ranking for relevant obscure search queries.
- Create evergreen content: While timely content has its place, evergreen content can continue to attract traffic and generate leads long after its initial publication. Focus on topics that remain relevant over time and update them as needed.
Building Authority and Backlinks
In addition to creating content around obscure search queries, startups must also focus on building authority and earning backlinks to improve their SEO. Here are some strategies for achieving this:
- Leverage resource pages: Reach out to websites with resource pages relevant to your niche and request to have your content included. This can earn you a valuable back authority in your industry.
- Offer expert opinions: Position yourself as an industry expert by offering quotes, insights, or commentary for articles or interviews. This can lead to valuable backlinks and help establish your credibility.
- Participate in content roundups: Join content roundups in your niche where multiple experts share their insights on a specific topic. This can result in increased exposure, backlinks, and networking opportunities.
For startups looking to make their mark in the digital space, focusing on obscure search queries can be a game-changer. By targeting long-tail keywords, creating high-quality content, and building authority through backlinks, startups can drive organic traffic, increase their online visibility, and ultimately achieve SEO success. With these lesser-known strategies in your arsenal, it’s time to crack the SEO code by leveraging the power of obscure search queries and uncovering untapped opportunities for growth.