The Growth Geeks Weekly Dental Guide is a regular post that helps dentists, dental office managers and dental marketers grow your practice with simple and easy tips you can implement right away.
These three tips are a quick win for any dental marketer looking to expand their reach and grow traffic to their social and website with hardly any effort at all.
Link to and Recommend Your Other Social Profiles
Social is often thought of in silos. I do my twitter. Then I go post on Facebook. Then I’ll do instagram and pinterest. You may use the same post or content with slight format tweaks. But did you know that promoting your social profiles from one platform to another is a great way to get new followers, improve your SEO and expand the reach of your social as a whole.
We recommend that at least once per month on each of your social profiles you refer your visitors to another platform. Use keywords and hashtags that are relevant. Use strong call-to-action language to encourage them to visit/like/follow when they land.
Not only will you grow your audience but the impacts for search ranking are proven as your expanding the authority of your social which all links back to your website.
Here is an example of a simple post to promote your Twitter from Facebook:
Post links to your directory listings
The purpose in boosting your directory links on your social is three-fold.
- Help with basic website SEO. Your social profiles are local, relevant and demographically spot on for your target audience. They boost the value of your directory listings authority, which in turn gives a search ranking boost to your website.
- Encourage reviews on your directory listing (Google Local, Yelp, Yellow Pages, Hotfrog, etc) all which help improve conversion from those directories and increase the rankings of those listings in search – often giving you an additional spot on Google search results.
- Send social visitors to your review sites with the most compelling reviews to increase conversion. Visitors know your sending them to your website. But adding in some compelling directory listings where you perhaps have a 4.8 star review score with over 50 reviews can build confidence in your practice and improve the likelihood that they choose you over the competition.
Just be sure to use relevant keywords and hashtags. It will enhance the overall experience and effect.
Here’s a great example:
Boost your website’s internal links and content
This one should be obvious but it amazes me how often dental marketers overlook this excellent method for improving SEO. The great thing is it’s also an excellent way to highlight the best content on your website and drop relevant keywords at the same time.
To get the most benefit from posting to old content we recommend you follow these guidelines:
- Give a short summary of why the particular post or article is a valuable resource
- Use keywords that are relevant to your content in the text or hashtags
- Use either the page’s featured image or an image specifically for the social post
Keep these three principles in mind as you go about your social strategy and you’ll not only have ideas for new posts, but you’ll improve the traffic from search engines to your business at the same time.